Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 1(Sort of)

Well, there is certainly no shortage of daily painting blogs out there.
I guess when it comes to original ideas what you see here would hardly qualify as one.

This is how it all began:
I was working in my studio on a portrait painting(this being my main aesthetic interest). After a few months of having to use photographic references due to lack of real live people who were willing to sit thanklessly for hours, I began to loose interest in what I was doing. There was always informaiton missing, I was always struggling and compromising, and for someone who was trained to pain from life this was frustrating.

A few days ago I took an apple from my boyfriend's place with the clear intention of painting it at my studio that afternoon. I arrived, turned on the lights and started painting on a small panel I had laying around. I was in heaven! As I finished the apple I took a bite out and painted it again. By the time I got to the core I wanted to paint that too-- So I did.

That night I couldn't fall asleep. I kept picturing all the mundane but beautiful things I could paint. The next day I was at it again. I painted my medium jar and my instant coffee...
So I made the decision simply not to stop!

I am officially starting the blog TODAY- January, 16th 2010 and this is officially the first post!

I hope you enjoy my paintings.

3 comments:

  1. the jar (Instant) by far my favorite. beautiful!

    I will visit your blog every day, it makes me want to paint and thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete

Keep me Painting!

My daily paintings are available for sale. They cost $100 each and come mounted on ready- to- hang panels.

If you are interested in making a purchase send me a quick note at diliana.p@gmail.com

You can make easy and safe payments online by clicking on the button below.

Thanks for supporting the ARTS