Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 3 (January 18)

Port Glass and Pipe, oil on canvas on panel, 6"x6"

I am completely enamored with painting glass. I spend a couple of hours lost in the infinite little reflections and refractions that change with the tilt of your head. My favorite part of this little still life is the orange colors- I used W&N Cadmium Scarlett, the closest thing out there to pure vermilion. It also makes amazing flesh tones!
All in all today has been an artistically productive day. I managed to take some reference photos for a series of figurative paintings I am planning. My friend was kind enough to not only pose for the paintings but to also make me a delicious dinner(thanks Megan!).

1 comment:

Keep me Painting!

My daily paintings are available for sale. They cost $100 each and come mounted on ready- to- hang panels.

If you are interested in making a purchase send me a quick note at diliana.p@gmail.com

You can make easy and safe payments online by clicking on the button below.

Thanks for supporting the ARTS